In Minnesota we have the Fishing Opener in mid-May. Then a week or two later, we celebrate (well OK not really!) the Mosquito Opener. This past weekend was the official opener at our neck of the woods. It prompted me to dig out a recipe from Cherie Ross that I adapted for my own preferences. It’s a great alternative to those toxic commercial products! Thought you would enjoy having it too.
For thouse who want it, here is Cherie Ross’s Original Formula for Super Flea, Tick and Insect Repellent
Formulated for the big mean bugs in northern Minnesota
- 1 gallon water
- 4 heaping TBSP Organic Dried Catnip
- 2 1/2 TBSP Organic Neem Oil
- 1 TBSP YL Thieves Household Cleaner or YL Bath Gel Base
- 40 drops YL Purification or YL Citronella
- 40 drops YL Lemongrass
- 40 drops YL Idaho Tansy .
- 40 drops YL Ocotea or YL Basil
- 20 drops YL Peppermint
- 20 drops YL Hinoki
- 20 drops YL R.C.
- Steep the Catnip in the gallon of water for 20-30 minutes. Do not remove lid until cooled to room temperature.
- Add all remaining ingredients into Thieves Household Cleaner or Bath Gel Base.
- Then mix together, and put into spray bottle.
Use as needed
This formula makes 1 Gallon. Simply adjust the amounts for a lesser quantity.
To learn more about how to purchase Young Living products, please visit my website and contact me.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information, products and/or techniques mentioned is provided for educational purposes and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with the health authorities of your choice. The decision to use, or not to use, any of this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Don’t expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic grade essential oils and supplements. The author assumes no responsibility to or liability for any loss, damage or injury resulting from the use or misuse of any information provided here.