Processed Foods Are DESIGNED to Be Addictive
Do you find yourself hopelessly addicted to certain processed foods? If so Dr. Mecola has recently published an article you may find interesting. Here are some of his main points:
- According to a recent animal study, Oreo cookies are just as addictive as cocaine or morphine, activating more neurons in the brain’s pleasure center than exposure to illicit drugs
- Most processed foods are actually created to be addictive—whether we’re talking about cookies or pasta sauce—through the masterful use of addictive ingredients like salt, fat, sugar and a wide variety of proprietary flavorings
- In a shocking twist, the European Union has approved a health claim for fructose, slated to take effect as of 2014
- Food manufacturers that replace at least 30 percent of the glucose and/or sucrose content in their food with fructose will be allowed to state their product has a positive effect on carbohydrate metabolism and insulin sensitivity
- While fructose creates a lower glycemic response immediately after eating it, compared to sucrose or glucose, it is grossly misleading to say it’s therefore healthier for you, as this completely ignores its overall metabolic consequences
Young Living Essential Oils offers a number of healthy snack items as well as a line of products you could consider for weight management. Here are a few…
For information about Young Living Essential Oils products, please visit my website and contact me.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information, products and/or techniques mentioned is provided for educational purposes and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with the health authorities of your choice. The decision to use, or not to use, any of this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Don’t expect the same results unless you are using Young Living Therapeutic grade essential oils and supplements. The author assumes no responsibility to or liability for any loss, damage or injury resulting from the use or misuse of any information provided here.